Sunday, May 1, 2011

Videolog: The thrills and spills of trail running in Vibram Five Fingers.

Ryan Hall may take two weeks off after a marathon, but when you're foolish/crazy/stupid enough to sign up for another race just six weeks after a marathon, you have to dig your heels in and get back to training relatively quickly.

Not only do I have another race on the horizon, but the upcoming race is another milestone in my running career.  I have my first "ultra marathon" on May 28.  An ultra marathon is any distance longer than a marathon, and they generally begin at 50kms and increase in distance from there.  I have been wanting to enter the "ultra" world since last year, and when a friend recommended the Sulpher Springs Trail Run, I couldn't resist the temptation to make this my first ultra marathon.

Although I don't plan to run this 50km trail race with the same intensity as I run marathons, I want it to be a performance I can be proud of.  So, I set out this weekend to get some trail experience under my belt, and to test my Vibram Five Fingers "Bikila" running shoes to see if I could wear them during the trail race. 

Check out my videolog to see how it went. 

No comments:

Post a Comment